The company was founded by Emiliano Generali in 1954 and was originally named CEB (Bolognese Electromechanic Constructions).
The first product lines established by the Company were battery chargers and coated electrode welding machines. In 1958, an industrial castors division, ORA (Wheels and Accessories Shop) began producing and trading castors for the industrial and the home and office furnishing sectors.
The two divisions were merged in 1963 giving rise to the present day company, CEBORA. At this time the group employed 40 people and the annual sales turnover was 2.000.000.000 Italian lira. Later, a sheet metal pressing plant was added to the gruop thus giving Cebora the ability to fabricate its own metal cases and cabinets for its welding machines and battery chargers. Cebora's expansion continued throughout the 1960's and the 1970's and at the beginning of the 1980's a new plant was built on a 50.000 square meters site in Cadriano di Granarolo (Bologna). Presently, both the production and the administrative functions are carried out at this site.
The sheet metal pressing plant has also recently been modernized. In 1995 a new building has been added to the Cadriano plant, bringing its total surface to 52.000 square mt. The two divisions: Welding and industrial Castors, have a full organisational and operational independence. The group's euity capital is worth Euros 2.632.930 and group employment totals 200 people with an annual sales turnover of about 40 millions of Euros of which 70% is generated by exports.